Any undergraduate or graduate student enrolled for at least 2 classes in a Michigan public or private university or college for the fall 2013 semester.
Student Teams Cannot…
- Cross apply to the company competition
- Have more than $10,000 in revenue
- Have any angel, pre-seed, or venture investment
- There is no limit on the number of people on a team.
- All applications must be the original work of those making the submission.
- Partially completed applications will not be accepted. Student applications are due online by midnight Eastern Time on September 26, 2013.
- Applicants risk disqualification if they attempt to approach a judge, or have someone do that on their behalf, in connection with the competition.
- The decisions of the judges are final, including interpretation of the rules.
- Accelerate Michigan shall be held harmless in the event of any legal action.
- Accelerate Michigan takes no responsibility for agreements between competition participants and third parties.
- Accelerate Michigan takes no part in and has no liability for the domestic or international intellectual property rights of competition participants. Participants are responsible for their own intellectual property. Participants must keep confidential information confidential. For more detail see the Confidentiality & IP section.
- Entry materials become the property of Accelerate Michigan.
- Participants who engage in immoral activities, including lying and cheating, or any activity that may adversely affect the image of Accelerate Michigan or other participants, become ineligible for the Competition.
- All work and submissions of Entrants must be original to the entrant/team.
- All participants must comply with the rules. Any violation of the rules will disqualify an Entrant’s team from the competition, and result in forfeiture of any awards awarded to the team.
- Awardees may not hold Accelerate Michigan or other participants responsible for any harm resulting from accepting or using the award.
- The competition is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Accelerate Michigan reserves the right to update the competition rules throughout the competition. All updates will be posted on the Accelerate Michigan website.
- Need to know more? Check the Frequently Asked Questions.