Accelerate Women Entrepreneurs
New Ideas and Companies Transforming Michigan’s Economy
Date: November 14
Time: 7:30–9:30 am
Location: Westin Book Cadillac, 1114 Washington Blvd, Detroit
There’s an entrepreneurial surge happening across the nation — and in Michigan. Learn how business leaders are getting involved as advisors and investors. Hear pitches from three of Michigan’s most promising new women-led businesses. Get straight talk on the possible downside of start-up ventures — and the surprising rewards of guiding innovative ideas to market.
At this breakfast, join Inforum President and CEO Terry Barclay in a conversation with:
- Letitia “Tish” DeVillar Richardson, a member of the Golden Seeds® network of investors. As an investment firm dedicated to the empowerment of women entrepreneurs and the people who invest in them, Golden Seeds currently has two funds with $30 million under management and investments in 26 portfolio companies. Tish serves on the board of HitFix, Inc., a Golden Seeds portfolio company. Tish also is managing director, Trinity Capital Management LLC, a renewable energy project equity firm. She has more than 15 years experience managing investment portfolios and previously was a practicing attorney.
- Patricia Glaza, principal, Arsenal Venture Partners, the leading venture capital firm focused on the intersection of the commercial and defense markets. Patty balances her time between investment identification and evaluation, portfolio development, and helping support the entrepreneurial community. She has spent over 20 years dedicated to the development, implementation and commercialization of advanced technologies and has an extensive background in IT and nanotech.
- Dr. Angelique Johnson, MEMStim LLC. Inventor of MEMStim’s patent-pending technology that intends to disrupt the neurostimulator market with a new automated nanofabrication manufacturing method to replace hand assembly.
- Blaire Houchens Miller, Eaton Rapids Castings, LLC: Eaton Rapids Castings is a new clean tech foundry offering innovative licensed Nordic casting technology for Michigan production of ultra heavy iron and steel castings.
- Susan Land Sprentall, founder and CEO of SurClean, Inc., a laser-based coating removal products manufacturing company that is cost effective, energy efficient and earth friendly.